Friday 15 July 2011

Fairy tale love

                                      I belong to the tribe of people who believe in fairy tales, happy endings and ever afters and I am sure that the more intellectual class does believe us to be silly...may be girly types or dreamers. But then what about all the artists and writers? If they never believed in happy endings, all we would have is stories that ends in tragedy. So I belong to the most important class of the society. It makes everybody feel good,to read a book that has the perfect anticipated ending where the reunion of hero and heroine occurs.But that is not how it always ends in life (moreover one love story is never the end these days).I think it happens so only for those couples who write to ponds age miracle valentine's special contests or reader's digest contests. Last day I watched a tv show called ' I-Propose' in which a guy makes all these preparations to propose his girl friend like getting a diamond ring, booking the perfect venue with musicians and flowers and a gorgeous gown. The theme was fairy tale and he being a cop, was least expected by his gf to do all that. Anyways to make the story short I watched it all ( secretly admiring the guy and wishing if I had somebody who would present such a big diamond ring) and shed tears with the bride to be on her happiness...well the least I could do was this. 
                                      Now searching for pages of love in my life book, I find some truly romantic (one sided) stories. As far as my memory goes, my first encounter with the opposite sex happened in my kg. The first day in school after the break when i returned to my teeny weeny chair i found an alien bag instead of mine there. I looked around and then a small boy (shorter than me) appeared out of nowhere and started staring at me. here goes our conversation.
 me: Whose bag is this?
 he: It is Rahul's.
 me: Where is Rahul?
 he: Rahul is here.
 me: Where?
 he: Here.
 me: Can you just point to Rahul?
 he (pointing to himself): This.
 me: U are Rahul!!!
 he( just a nod).
 me: Why didn't you tell me so?
 he: Rahul told the bag is Rahul's.
 me(pulling my hair): Alright just take away your bag and give my chair back.
 he obeyed.
 I don't understand why some people doesn't use pronouns. For them I, me, my all tends to be their own name. Weird!

3 comments:

  1. paavam Rahul! sometimes people get struck by the sight before their eyes to the extend that they may suffer from temporary brain failure. And this is applicable to small boys too........

    :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of fairytales, i saw 1 today. Its crazy!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWlavnM6b0

    ReplyDelete